Thursday, July 31, 2014

Little Treasures- December 13, 2013

I am a firm believer in being inspired by nature, and appreciating what is seasonally available for where you live. I think it gives you a deeper appreciation and causes you to look closely at the surrounding "treasure" as we call them. Every year since I was a little girl I have been making wreathes at Christmas time. My Great Aunt in Germany taught me how. I love the process of collecting little treasures on walks and incorporating them into my creation. This year is no exception. Before the first snow Liam and I started our collection process. When we lived in California I was inspired by the desert scape. I used a lot of succulents and waxy greens. Now we are embracing the woodland scape of our new Minnesota home. Moss, berries, and twigs are my new found pallet. I hope to pass on this tradition and the love of growing things, as it was passed on to me!


A LITTLE TIP: PULL OFF SPRIGS AND MAKE INTO LITTLE TUFTS, ALWAYS WRAP DOWN WITH THE FULL END OF THE PLANT FACING UP AND THE STEM SIDE DOWN 



ON A MISSION TO GATHER TREASURES, LIAM LOVES CARRYING THE STICKS FOR ME

No comments:

Post a Comment