Friday, August 15, 2014

Since We've Been Home

We are home and trying to get back to normal over here. Our little guy is the sweetest and absolute best little traveler, but there is always an adjustment period after full blown Grandma and Grandpa time. Mostly when I ask if he wants to go out he just says "No mommy, home!" And thats just fine with me. Except when we need to go to the grocery store because all that is left is half a loaf of bread. 
We did find time to go on a walk and stop at the park. The weather is beyond perfect, mid-seventies and the bluest skies dotted with white puffy clouds. We made a quick stop at the library to return a book and discovered there is a great play area. Which makes for a lovely time for both Liam and mommy, because I can sit and read for a second or answer emails while he plays. That is until some drunk 16 year old boy came and sat by me and wouldn't stop talking and wanting to show me "scary pictures" of his girlfriends fake gory makeup skills. People should get prescreened before being let into the library.
Liam also surprised me by coming up to me after I spent 10 minutes loading laundry and said "look mommy airplane tattoos!" I blame this on his father. Andrew finished a lovely little path in our backyard to our bonfire pit this week, while Liam and uncle Ookie camped in their teepee!
All in all I'd say, it's good to be home : )!













No comments:

Post a Comment