Friday, October 3, 2014

Is this what Toddlers are like?

Well I officially had one of those toddler days with Liam yesterday. Its funny how you see pictures of other people's children writing on walls, and cutting their own hair and are so misguided in thinking it won't happen to you. Well it will! And it does! 
I decided we needed a down day at home, to recoup and just get some rest. BAD IDEA. I think Liam was pretty bored and so he decide to try all the things he has never tried before. 
As I was on a conference call with work and making my bed at the same time and thought he was in his room, he snuck past me and went into my bathroom and opened all the nail polish bottles (a feat I did not know he could even do, since I screw the tops on very tight). He then chose bright red to paint the toilet, the floor, and the dresser, and then proceeded to draw war paint on his face. We then had a very frantic battle of "how do I clean you and our newly remodeled bathroom without spreading the mess further?" 
After that ordeal had subsided, while I cleaned up the bathroom mess, he found the tub of butt paste I so stupidly left on his dresser and ever so sweetly "Lo lo- ed" his face. (Translates into putting on lotion in his mind.) Now one thing about butt paste is it is water resistant! That was a fun mess to clean up. 
This all ended in a crying fit while I held him in my bed, which ended in him falling asleep in my arms while he stroked my face. I of course forgave him immediately as this happened and thought to my-self "what bathroom?" "What nail polish?"
Its all ever so worth it, and ever soooo exhausting! 














No comments:

Post a Comment