Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Chicago

Last weekend Andrew and I went away just the two of us for the first time since becoming parents. We have done a few nights where Liam stayed with Grandparents but this was the real deal. A whole long weekend of adult time! And I only cried once missing Liam :) 
We had such a nice time. Chicago is one of my favorite cities. We walked around enjoying the architecture, amazing restaurants, and sat for long stretches in coffee houses just talking and reading. We are super thankful we got to stay in the most beautiful apartment downtown, thanks Vanessa and Gary!!  It was pretty blissful, especially just being with my guy. There is no one I'd rather be with. 
But man it felt good to get home to my little guy. Being a mom is so terrible and wonderful haha. You are so exhausted and can't wait to be alone for 5 minutes and the second you are away from them you miss them so much it hurts! Gotta love my life! Now its back to the freezing cold tundra!






















How could you not miss that little face!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment