Saturday, November 29, 2014

Potty Training

There is a lot about parenting that is exactly what I expected it to be. But there is even more that is completely opposite of how I thought it would be. Potty Training for example. I was never into the idea of potty training early, especially having a boy. I just thought why bother? Yeah diapers aren't exactly cheap or easy but they are pretty convenient. You don't have to stress about where you are going to be when your toddler has to go potty, or about accidents. I was all for waiting until Liam was closer to three years old. Yeah we would have two kids in diapers but that seemed easier than the alternative. Plus they are only in diapers for so long, and I'm just not into pushing them to grow up any faster than it already goes. 
Well this littler person of ours had other plans. He would bawl his head off because I "won't let him" go poop in the potty! He also refused to keep his diaper on. So after weeks of resisting him I finally thought to myself "am I seriously fighting him about wanting to go in the toilet?" So the next day we went to work! I opted for this "potty train you kid in 3 days method" and it has been awesome. I don't think this is really for all kids but Liam is just a pretty determined and mature little guy. We went and picked out cute little undies and spent 2 days holed up working on it together and he is doing awesome! Not saying he is perfectly potty trained but pretty dang close! And he is so proud of himself! Thats one of the best parts about being a parent is helping him learn and achieve new milestones and watching how happy it makes him. Plus it has been super hilarious. Lots of very funny nakie pictures and so many hilarious conversations. He has been cracking us up! I just love this little guy so much! And Andrew is amazing, he is so committed and helpful with the whole thing. Im so thankful to be parenting with someone who is so involved and committed.  














No comments:

Post a Comment